M I R A G E 582
The Mirage Sea Kayaks 582 is a true, expedition proven sea kayak and has an extra-robust construction, ideal for heavy loads and rugged use. Fully capable in the most demanding conditions.
A redesign of the famous Mirage 580, the 582 offers the same long waterline, along with excellent stability, tracking and high-speed cruising ability. The addition of contoured styling on the deck gives the 582 a fresh new look. Now with the added convenience of three snap-on high-volume dry storage compartments, an ideal touring kayak for those longer expeditions.
• Medium to large sized paddlers, from beginner through to advanced paddling skills
• Day touring to multiday touring in larger sheltered waters to coastal and open ocean environments
(all weights are based on an average weight)
Carbon (IRT) = 17.9kg
Kevlar (IRT) = 18kg
Kevlar = 21kg
Fibreglass = 24kg
Rear Hatch: 90L
Front Hatch: 80L
Day Hatch: 27L
Yellow to Tangerine two colour fade
Specifications - M I R A G E 582:
• Unique Mirage pedal and integrated rudder system which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
• Three high volume dry storage compartments with easy access snap lid hatches – great seaworthiness and good storage capacity including convenient day hatch - These hatches are made by Kajak Sport Finland.
• Full safety reflective perimeter line and functional elastic deck rigging
• Contoured, supportive, ergonomic seat, floating back-band with a 15mm gel foam seat pad.
• Component upgrade compatible - look at our Outfitting section to find out how you can customise your kayak.
• The 582 in Carbon comes with a clear coat carbon cockpit rim, rudder and seat.
• The standard colourway is a solid colour deck with white hull.