top of page
M I R A G E 582
The Mirage Sea Kayaks 582 is a true, expedition proven sea kayak and has an extra-robust construction, ideal for heavy loads and rugged use. Fully capable in the most demanding conditions.
A redesign of the famous Mirage 580, the 582 offers the same long waterline, along with excellent stability, tracking and high-speed cruising ability. The addition of contoured styling on the deck gives the 582 a fresh new look. Now with the added convenience of three snap-on high-volume dry storage compartments, an ideal touring kayak for those longer expeditions.
• Medium to large sized paddlers, from beginner through to advanced paddling skills
• Day touring to multiday touring in larger sheltered waters to coastal and open ocean environments
(all weights are based on an average weight and maybe
slightly different than these weights below)
Carbon (IRT) = 17.9kg
Kevlar (IRT) = 18kg
Kevlar = 22kg
Fibreglass = 25kg
Rear Hatch: 90L
Front Hatch: 80L
Day Hatch: 27L
Yellow to Tangerine two colour fade
Specifications - M I R A G E 582:
• Unique Mirage pedal and integrated rudder system which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
• Three high volume dry storage compartments with easy access snap lid hatches – great seaworthiness and good storage capacity including convenient day hatch - These hatches are made by Kajak Sport Finland.
• Full safety reflective perimeter line and functional elastic deck rigging
• Contoured, supportive, ergonomic seat, floating back-band with a 15mm gel foam seat pad.
• Component upgrade compatible - look at our Outfitting section to find out how you can customise your kayak.
• The 582 in Carbon comes with a clear coat carbon cockpit rim, rudder and seat.
• The standard colourway is a solid colour deck with white hull.
bottom of page