M I R A G E 583 Adventure
Mirage 583 series of open deck sea kayaks – set your own line, create your own adventure.
The Mirage Sea Kayaks 583 series of open deck sea kayaks combine agility and speed, producing a whole new class of paddling: Freeride Sea Kayaking.
Offering the same open-deck freedom of all models in the 583 series, the Adventure has an extra 80 litres of storage in the front hatch – perfect for expeditions.
The Mirage 583 series of open-deck sea kayaks combine agility and speed, producing a whole new class of paddling: Freeride Sea Kayaking. With a long waterline and effective tracking, 583s are fast. They can also manage swell and broken waves easily.
The drawn-out rocker allows 583s to pivot and manoeuvre effortlessly, making them high-performance surf craft as well.
• Freeride sea kayaking for long trips across larger sheltered waterways, inshore surf zones and even coastal or open ocean environments.
• Small to large sized paddlers, to accommodate beginners and advanced paddlers alike.
Tropical Blue / White Hull
Black Join Line
(all weights are based on an average weight and maybe
slightly different than these weights below)
Carbon (IRT) = 18.5kg
Kevlar (IRT) = 19kg
Kevlar = 21kg
Fibreglass = 25kg
Rear Hatch: 90L
Front Hatch: 80L
Day Hatch: Optional
Specifications - M I R A G E 583 Adventure:
• Mirage LD Plate allows for a solid connection for steering and leg drive.
• Unique Mirage integrated rudder system, which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control.
• Adjustable rails to enable a smooth ride for short and tall paddlers.
• Proven sea kayaking hull design that is smooth in rough water, edges sharply, and tracks beautifully on swells, waves, and wake.
• Self-draining, composite venturi, with a sealing plug for a dry ride.
• Contoured and ergonomic seating that promotes a balanced paddling posture.
• Large rear 90 litre oval hatch and 80 litre front hatch with kayak sport hatch cover, for a tight fit in the roughest of conditions.
• Centrally located and balanced, recessed handle for ease of carrying and re-entry after a wipeout.
• Dual rear 'surf' grab handles, to make it easier for surf zone re-entry.
• Full perimeter 6mm reflective deck line and shock cord for safety and on-deck gear storage