top of page
M I R A G E 582X (available March 2024 - orders taken now)
The Mirage Sea Kayaks 582 is a true, expedition-proven sea kayak built tough and with an Xtra large cockpit and extended leg length for the bigger and taller paddlers. It is ideal for heavy loads and rugged use. Fully capable in the most demanding conditions.
A redesign of the famous Mirage 582, the 582X offers the same long waterline, along with excellent stability, tracking and high-speed cruising ability. The contoured styling on the deck and the added convenience of three snap-on high-volume dry storage compartments make the 582X an ideal touring kayak for those longer expeditions; with some room to move.
This new model is for the XLarge-sized paddlers - Xtra leg length and Xtra width for a comfortable paddle.
• Large to Xlarge sized paddlers, from beginner through to advanced paddling skills
• Day touring to multiday touring in larger sheltered waters to coastal and open ocean environments
Yellow with Deep Red cockpit and Joinlines
Cockpit Opening: 43cm x 88cm
(all weights are based on an average weight and maybe
slightly different than these weights below)
Carbon (IRT) = 18.5kg
Kevlar (IRT) = 19kg
Kevlar = 23kg
Fibreglass = 25.5kg
Rear Hatch: 90L
Front Hatch: 80L
Day Hatch: 27L
Specifications - M I R A G E 582X
• Unique Mirage pedal and integrated rudder system which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
• Three high volume dry storage compartments with easy access snap lid hatches – great seaworthiness and good storage capacity including convenient day hatch - These hatches are made by Kajak Sport Finland.
• Full safety reflective perimeter line and functional elastic deck rigging
• The 582X comes with the Foam Silverstorm Seat as a standard feature - this adds for additional room and superior comfort.
• Contoured, supportive, ergonomic foam Silverstorm seat, floating back-band.
• Component upgrade compatible - look at our Outfitting section to find out how you can customise your kayak.
• The 582X in Carbon comes with a clear coat carbon cockpit rim, rudder and seat.
• The standard colourway is a WHITE deck with WHITE hull.
bottom of page