M I R A G E 583 Custom Fish
Mirage 583 series of open deck sea kayaks – set your own line, create your own adventure.
As it's name suggests, the 583 Custom Fish is a customisable fishing kayak that allows you to create your own design. You can choose where to position rod holders and fittings to suit your needs.
The 583 is a great craft for kayak fishing enthusiasts as well. The Custom Fish model is a customisable fishing kayak that allows you to create your own design.
You can choose where to position rod holders and fittings to suit your needs. Mirage will always be there for you to ensure your kayak is fitted with smart, well-positioned features throughout the manufacturing process.
The open desk design of the 583 Custom Fish gives you better access to hard to reach spots – coves, eddies or breaks that aren't accessible by foot. With greater access the scope of your fishing territory increases, increasing your change of success.
• Open deck sea kayaking for maximum fun across larger sheltered waterways and inshore surf zones, to coastal and open ocean environments.
• Smooth and fast offshore or inshore paddling.
• Small to large sized paddlers, for those with beginner paddling skills to the advanced.
• Rigging up your kayak and creating your own personal design, with the expert kayak builders at Mirage available for assistance to create the perfect kayak fishing craft.
Dove Grey Deck & Hull
Apple Bow Dart - Black Join Line
(all weights are based on an average weight and maybe
slightly different than these weights below)
Kevlar = 21kg
Fibreglass = 25kg
Note: Weights on the Custom Fish are an
estimate due to the reinforcment that maybe
needed for some of your customising.
Rear Hatch: 90L
Front Hatch: 80L
Day Hatch: Optional
Specifications - M I R A G E 583 Custom Fish:
• Mirage LD Plate allows for a solid connection for steering and leg drive
• Unique Mirage integrated rudder system, which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
• Adjustable foot brace rails to enable a smooth ride for short and tall paddlers
• Proven sea kayaking hull design that is smooth in rough water, edges sharply and tracks beautifully on swells, waves, and wake
• Self-draining, carbon fibre venturi, with a sealing plug for a dry ride
• Contoured, supportive, and ergonomic seating that promotes a balanced paddling posture
• Large rear 90 litre oval hatch and 80 litre front hatch (25cm round lid) with kayak sport hatch cover, for a tight fit in the roughest of conditions
• Fibreglass reinforced perimeter with seam taping to strengthen your kayak join line
• Centrally located, balanced recessed handle for ease of carrying and re-entry after a capsize
• Kayak Sport Self Rescue Clamps for rescue, paddle storage, or creating an outrigger for extreme stability
• Bow and stern 6mm reflective deck line and shock cord zones for safety and on-deck gear storage
• Forward deck line reflective taping for added safety in low light conditions
• Dual rear flush mount fishing rod holders for trawling and easy access
• Rear deck cleats for stowage and secure tie downs
• Central drink bottle holder